A spark is that instant magnetic chemistry you and your partner feel towards each other.
Relationships are work in progress and it’s an endless school of thought, living, behaviour and work given to humanity (priceless gift). It’s very important to keep the spark alive because it helps to reignite the spark and carefully tend the fire.
Whether you have been together for a few months or for decades, it is important to take steps to maintain some spark in your relationship
- Retell the story of your first date: Teasing each other on your first date helps rekindle the relationship. The feelings of excitement and anticipation you experienced when you first met each other. How you both felt, the clothes you wore, and the exact place you went to.
- Going out together without the children: Couples should try and spend some quality time outside their home, e.g cinema or eatery. It mustn’t be a place where you spend more financially.
- Make a public declaration of your love: Profess your love publicly by sending flowers to your spouse in the office or lunch. Or simply embracing them in public.
- Travel together: Travelling together improves communication, and it adds a sense of adventure and spontaneity to your relationship.
- Make each year better than the previous year: Find ways to be curious about each other. Be each other’s best friend and great lovers as well.
Life can get too busy and your relationships can become strained, but never let the spark go off. Always make out time for each other and let your love continue to wax strong.